Information Sharing Made Easy for Law Enforcement Agencies
- A Model-Driven Web Portal with Mobile First Design, Adaptive Rendering using modern web technologies.
- Geo Spatial Integration and rapid search implementation across multiple counties
With over 9000 Law enforcement users from 93 participating agencies, ARIES plays a critical role in keeping the communities safe by sharing and integrating criminal justice information across five counties. Contra Costa County is doing a commendable job in managing and maintaining a very large system with a small, dedicated team. However, the agencies using ARIES continue to grow. The ARIES network, databases, data volume, active users and data variety continue to increase. This scaling of ARIES translates to expanded responsibilities for the team. Added demands include performance improvements for today’s infrastructure, user experience enhancement for next generation smart devices and facilitating faster user adoption. Additionally, ARIES is maintained on a lean budget with minimal staff which means additional operational efficiency gains will be required around Aries Management.
With the experience working with several other county departments within CA, WATI has set a few key objectives for this engagement:
- Improve the Efficiencies within ARIES
- Expand and enhance ARIES through new generation technologies
- Develop technology needed to support mobile services
- Reduce and control capital investments (Hardware, Software, Licenses)
- Redesign the website for customer engagement and transparency
- Establish Proactive Information Technology service management
- Modernization of Legacy Components
- Transition from custom development to configured solutions wherever possible
- Establish Modernization criteria and priorities
- Improve Staff Efficiencies
- Balance out workload between technology and program areas
- Training aids – Incorporate On-the-Job training aids within the system
WATI Implemented proven strategies in achieving each of these objectives. WATI
shared the County team’s passion to take ARIES to the next level using advanced tools, proven processes and a dedicated team with county and law enforcement experience. WATI assembled an agile, responsive and brings expertise in multiple technologies. WATI was involved in consulting, design, development, programming services, maintenance and support for t Automated Regional Information Exchange System (ARIES), including the Web User Interface (UI) Modernization, Maintenance Monitoring Implementation, User Adoption and Training for ARIES.
ARIES benefited with modern Automated system complete with modern features like Google like Search, Maps integration, Electronic Signatures, Auto Complete forms, Integration with Enterprise Data-warehouse. The modernized systems include:
- Total Booking: Consolidated Booking System for officers.
- Lineups – Automatic matching of persons of interest for lineups
- Witness – Witness Management System
- Records Management System
- Crime Analysis- using modern sophisticated Analytical tools.
- CAD Map – Real-time Map integration for Computer Aided Dispatch
- Probable Cause Declaration
- Automated License Plate recognition solution
- Delivering location specific alerts to registered officers
- Automated Warrant System
- Court Order Probations and Law and Justice Information System Management