- Minimum 10 years of total IT experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a Unix (AIX) system administrator
- Experience load balancing, partitioning, back-up/recovery and disaster recovery
- Experience working in an environment that requires 24X7 system availability
- Good teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Application development experience required
- Leadership skills
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related IT curriculum is required.
- Experience with two or more of the listed applications is desired:
- Extensive experience administering Unix (AIX) IBM pSeries systems.
- Demonstrated experience administering systems with listed applications:
– Oracle WebLogic Servers
– Oracle Database Servers
– Progress 4GL/Database Servers
– Apache Web Servers
– IBM Model 8286-42A POWER8 Systems
– IBM Flex Systems (P260 Compute Nodes)
– Infinidat Storage Systems
- AIX Replication and Partitioning.
- Experienced with UNIX (AIX) performance tuning.
- Able to interface with users and helpdesk for day-to-day support.
- Backup/recovery and networking methodologies.
- Capable of troubleshooting at the OS, database and application levels.
- Skilled in UNIX (AIX) administration including configuration and tuning
- Java developer certification is desired.