- At least ten (10) years of experience programming in a Natural/ADABAS development environment.
- At least ten (10) years of hands-on experience following a structured System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience working as a Natural developer with a pension or financial system.
- Experience with a Natural Construct technical environment.
- Experience with the conversion of data from ADABAS to SQL Server.
- Experience with and knowledge of Job Control Language (JCL).
Tasks & Deliverables:
- Follow the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology in developing quality solutions to meet customer needs.
- Under general direction from team management and leads, formulate and define system scope and objectives.
- Work at a high technical level on all phases of application system analysis and programming activity.
- Work with customers to identify and document business requirements.
- Perform analysis to determine system and performance impact.
- Develop or modify functional specifications.
- Develop technical specifications, detailed test plans, test scripts, and test execution checklists.
- Construct code to meet specifications.
- Conduct unit and system integration testing.
- Prepare software release documents.
- Participate in quality assurance peer reviews of business requirements, technical specifications, test documentation, and code.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- May be responsible for completing one or more phases of an enhancement effort.
- May be responsible for leading a team of developers for individual system enhancements.
- Transfer of knowledge to appropriate CalSTRS employees is required, along with any requested materials and content for transfer of knowledge.
- Such other tasks and related services to provide the tasks/deliverables hereunder, as requested by CalSTRS.
Bachelor’s Degree in information technology.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org