- At least fifteen (15) years of working experience in the Information Technology or Information System (IT/IS) fields with extensive experiences in the positions of test analyst in a system which has uses heavy batch processing.
- At least ten (10) years of working experience as a test analyst working with pension/retirement organizations and software systems used for pension/retirement administration purposes.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a test analyst, planning and performing the quality assurance activities for a pension administration system that uses ADABAS for mainframes and servers as well as a focus on leading and coordinating production implementation activities.
- Ten (10 years or more of IT consulting at a California State agency.
- Five (5) years or more providing testing and/or providing testing services at a California State agency.
- Prior experience working with relational databases such as SQL Service or Oracle and MS.Net technologies and products.
- Experience in understanding laws, regulations, and compliance in support of the development and testing of functional system enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited or government-sanctioned college/university. CalSTRS reserves the right to ask for a copy of the degree.
- Experience with reading, writing, and managing Job Control Language (JCL) and mainframe file transfers.
- Experience with helping staff transition from supporting older technologies to learning and being proficient in new technologies and systems.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited or government-sanctioned college/university. CalSTRS reserves the right to ask for a copy of the degree.